Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired


I was bored. I wasn't in the mood to write. So i turned on my T.V.
I couldn't shut it off afterwards.
I never realized how much i liked Roman Polanski's movies, yet i knew nothing about him. 've only heard what many people know. He was a child molester and he ran out of this country because he was going to do time in jail.
Now i know the truth.
This documentary was absolutely amazing. I learned of things about his life and his unlawful sexual conduct (not rape) case that i never knew, and surely not many current americans knew either.
Joe Bini, Peter G. Morgan and Marina Zenovich (who also directed the film) put together this tragic yet triumphant tale to absolute perfection. From growing up in Nazi Germany, where he lost both his mother and his father, to his wifes' infamous murder (Sharon Tate), you're given an understanding of this mans life.
I'm not sure how he's survived all the horrible events that continued to plague him.
He did what he did, i don't condone it and i don't agree with it and in no way do i excuse what happened. But i learned to have such a high respect for that man. His desire to live and be great inspires me.
We all have flaws, some worse than others. He paid for his and moved on. That's what we should all do. Move on.
If you have a love for documentaries and HBO on Demand, i'd recommend watching it. I've seen it 5 times already. Tonight might be my sixth.

No comments: